Workpath's custom patient messaging features gives you the opportunity to tailor the automated messages to reflect your organization's voice. With this feature you can decide which messages are sent to your patients, which types of messages (SMS and Email), and edit the message copy.
You can access the custom patient messaging editor by going to the Company Profile tab.
On the Company Profile tab you will see a button labelled "Customize Patient Messaging". This button will give you access to the custom patient messaging editor. If this button is not visible to your organization, please chat with us or reach out to your account manager so that we can get it turned on for you!
After you click the Customize Patient Messaging button a pop-up will appear that allows you to customize the messages.
1) Select the message that you would like to customize. This can be done via the drop-down at the top of the screen.
There are five messages that can be edited:
- Confirmation - This message is sent at the time the appointment is created.
- 3 Days Before Reminder - This message is sent 3 days before the appointment start time (if applicable).
- 1 Day Before Reminder - This message is sent 1 day before the appointment start time (if applicable).
- Day-of Reminder - This message is sent at 7 AM local time the morning of the appointment start time.
- On The Way - This message is sent when the Mobile User marks he/she is On The Way to the appointment via the Workpath mobile app.
- Arrived - This message is sent when the Mobile User marks he/she has Arrived at the appointment via the Workpath mobile app.
2) Select the type of the message that you want to edit - SMS or Email.
3) Select whether you want this message type to send or not. This is controlled by the toggle under the message type.
4) Enter the text that you would like to send in the automated message. You can enter a combination of free text and template tags. Template tags represent fields of appointment information in the Workpath system. For example, if you select the "Mobile User Name" field, the automated message will populate the name of the Mobile User that is attending that appointment.
5) Once you've completed the customization of the messages make sure to click "Save All Changes" at the button. You can go back and edit the messages at any time.
Chat us if you have any questions!