Workpath's patient scheduling feature lets your Orderers submit appointments for the patient to schedule with your organization. You determine on the Order Form which fields you need the Orderer to fill out and which fields you need the patient to fill out. For example, you could require the Orderer to submit the patient contact information and clinical services required. You'd then ask that the patient input their preferred start time and address. As soon as the Orderer inputs the information and clicks order appointment, the patient will receive a text asking them to fill out the rest of the information.
Please chat us or reach out to your Workpath account manager if you do not already have this feature turned on.
A few things to remember:
- You will need to set up the Order Form
- You will need to set up the Orderer accounts
- You will need to attached the Orderers to the Order Form
Setting up the Order Form
1) Go to the Order Form tab
2) Click the New Order Form button. You will notice that the Order Form is split into three sections: General Fields, Provider Fields, and Patient Fields.
General Fields: This is the Order Form name, description, and auto-publish/don't auto-publish preference.
Provider Fields: These are the fields that you want the Orderer to fill out each time they are submitting a request through this Order Form. These fields can be customized.
Patient Fields: These are the fields that you want the Patient to fill out each time the Orderer submits a request through this Order Form. These fields can be customized.
As mentioned above you will need to determine which fields the Orderer fills out and which fields the Patient fills out. For the Patient Fields, a text message with an invitation to fill out the necessary fields will be sent to the Patient. The Patient will only see the fields you specify on the Order Form.
Please note: If all required fields are filled out by the Orderer, no message will be sent to the Patient.
When setting up the Patient's portion of the Order Form, there are a few preferences - 1) link expiration and 2) reminders. .
- Link Expiration - you can specify how long you'd link the link to remain accessable by the Patient prior to expiration. After the link expires the patient will no longer be able to complete the scheduling via the link.
- Patient Reminders - you can specify how long after the initial patient scheduling link is sent that you'd like to send a reminder. You can schedule multiple reminder messages. The reminders will only be sent if the patient has not completed the scheduling prior to the reminder time frame.
The Order Form display for Orderers
When the Orderer accesses an Order Form, the fields required by the Orderer will display at the top of the Order Form.
The bottom portion of the Order Form will display the Patient Fields. This section is visible under the header "Patient Fields". The Orderer can elect to fill in the Patient Fields or leave them blank. If the Orderer fills in the fields the Patient will not receive a text message to schedule.
The Patient's View
The patient will receive a text message as soon as the Orderer clicks Order Appointment. The text message will include a link for the patient to access and fill out the remainder of the information.
The link will include your company's logo, name, and contact information. The link will also include each of the fields that the Patient is required to fill out. After the Patient fills out the fields, he/she will click submit order and the appointment will be updated in your company's Workpath account.
Chat with us if you have any questions!